The Federal Motor Provider Security Administration has proposed some important modifications to its Security Measurement System, which is the way it prioritizes motor carriers for enforcement. What’s going to these potential modifications imply to trucking firms?
This episode is sponsored by Scraper Techniques.
On this episode of HDT Talks Trucking, HDT Editor in Chief Deborah Lockridge joins Brandon Wiseman of Trucksafe Consulting to debate FMCSA’s lately processed modifications to the SMS. Has the FMCSA fastened the issues in the way it measures motor provider security? We’ll see. HDT dives into the 5 modifications all carriers ought to learn about.
In This Episode:
- Historical past of FMCSA’s Security Measurement System
- Why regulated motor carriers ought to take note of the FMCSA SMS
- First potential change to the SMS: Reorganizing the protection measurement classes
- Second change: Consolidating and reorganizing violations
- Third change: Simplified violations severity weights
- Fourth change: Evaluating via propionate percentiles
- Fifth change: Intervention thresholds
FMCSA Discover of Proposed Rulemaking:
Study Extra About How FMCSA Prioritizes Motor Carriers:
📰 Join the HDT e-newsletter!
🤝 Comply with and join with HDT on social media.
👀 Favor to look at? Try the HDT Talks Trucking videocast: