On Monday, the Federal Motor Provider Security Administration (FMCSA) introduced the members of a brand new process power meant to guard truckers from unfair truck leasing agreements.
In a Could 1 announcement, the FMCSA listed 9 individuals who will serve on the company’s Truck Leasing Process Power (TLTF). The TLTF will study the monetary impacts of lease agreements on owner-operators so as to assist drivers higher perceive the impacts of the agreements earlier than coming into into them.
- Tamara Brock, Brock Logistics, LLC and Lewis & Lewis Logistics, LLC (Unbiased Proprietor-Operator)
- Paul Cullen, The Cullen Regulation Agency, PLLC (Legal professional)
- Troy Hawkins, TTOH Consulting & Logistics, LLC (Unbiased Proprietor-Operator)
- Jim Jefferson, Proprietor-Operator Unbiased Driver Affiliation (Shopper Safety)
- Joshua Krause, OTR Leasing, LLC (Enterprise)
- Kaitlyn Lengthy, Worldwide Brotherhood of Teamsters (Labor Group)
- Steve Rush, Carbon Categorical Inc. (Provider)
- Lesley Tse, Animal Protection Partnership, Inc. (Legal professional)
- Steve Viscelli, Ph.D., College of Pennsylvania (Financial Sociologist)
“Truck leasing is a vital step that many owner-operators within the trucking trade take to get began within the enterprise. Leases that comprise phrases which might be inequitable to drivers could discourage protected drivers from persevering with to work within the trade,” the FMCSA famous.
“At a time when our nation wants truck drivers greater than ever, we should do all the things we will to help the women and men who work on this important trade,” stated U.S. Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg. “The Truck Leasing Process Power is taking a tough have a look at leasing agreements as a part of our effort to make sure each truck driver on this nation has good working circumstances and may make a superb residing.”
“The Truck Leasing Process Power addresses certainly one of trucking’s nice challenges. Leasing can have a significant affect on folks selecting trucking as their profession, and defending drivers is of the utmost significance,” says FMCSA Administrator Robin Hutcheson. “FMCSA is dedicated to addressing points which will affect the recruitment and retention of drivers within the trucking trade.”