The quarterly IFTA submitting is due quickly. It’s taxes, proper? So utilizing an accounting software program like QuickBooks is smart to compute your IFTA taxes due. Persons are in search of that proper button or menu in a regular accounting program proper now, they usually’re not discovering it. In the event that they have been utilizing TruckingOffice PRO, it’s straightforward to search out with our IFTA report characteristic. In the event that they’re utilizing QuickBooks, it’s not straightforward. It’s not even potential.
IFTA with QuickBooks?
Did we simply say you may’t compute your IFTA taxes due with QuickBooks? Sure, we stated that. QuickBooks doesn’t compute miles per state or monitor tax charges per state. So you may’t use it for IFTA.
In the event you google search IFTA and QuickBooks, there’s a years-old blogpost on the Intuit web site with rationalization of IFTA. It’s primary and incomplete. It by no means mentions that QuickBooks doesn’t do IFTA. One other hyperlink goes to a discussion board with questions on how you can monitor gasoline utilization per truck. The reply was difficult and doubtless not very helpful for IFTA.
It’s not that we don’t like QuickBooks. Under no circumstances! We respect it. We perceive why the trucking business expects to make use of it. For many companies, QuickBooks is the usual. For owner-operators, nevertheless, it’s going to allow you to down.
However My Accountant Does IFTA with QuickBooks!
Are you positive about that?
To not spill the tea, however we have now a number of accountants who use TruckingOffice PRO to compute your IFTA submitting.
That’s proper. You give all of them that knowledge they usually add it to TruckingOffice PRO to get the report.
That strikes us as barely amusing and downright intelligent. They’re utilizing the appropriate software for the undertaking. We will’t blame them for utilizing a program that they’ve realized to belief for correct computations and exact outcomes.
Right here’s the factor that ought to concern you. They’re utilizing your knowledge to get just one (or perhaps two) studies to your trucking enterprise.
TruckingOffice does greater than IFTA
We get that the accountants may not inform you that they’re utilizing TruckingOffice PRO. In spite of everything, they’re getting paid to do a job that you simply don’t need to do, don’t have time to do, or are afraid of doing mistaken.
Once they use TruckingOffice PRO as a substitute of you, as an owner-operator, you’re lacking out on the whole lot else TruckingOffice PRO can do for you.
- Handle all of your invoices: unpaid, paid, and late. TruckingOffice PRO collects all of your bills and produces an bill from a dispatch. No additional knowledge entry. Our straightforward knowledge entry may be executed from a cab or from a desktop. Anyplace that has web entry and an owner-operator can put together an bill and ship it out, no downside. Think about how nice it will really feel to get the bill despatched whereas the load is being unloaded as a substitute of ready until you bought dwelling? (And also you receives a commission quicker, too!)
- Observe your upkeep: accomplished and scheduled. DOT and FMSCA audits require information of truck upkeep, so it’s important to have that knowledge simply accessible. However even when they didn’t demand it, maintaining your rig in its greatest form is the neatest factor you are able to do as an owner-operator. Figuring out what must be executed and when is the important thing to forestall an on-the-road disaster pushing you completely out of enterprise.
- Run your profitable trucking enterprise: overlaying your prices and making a revenue. Defending your small business and household by figuring out how a lot you need to make per mile for a load must be one of the best information a trucker can have. As a substitute of paying for hauling freight, receives a commission a good quantity. Know your value!
When your accountant is utilizing TruckingOffice PRO for you, you’re lacking out on the safety you’ll get whenever you
- know your prices per mile
- discover your income per load
- deal with IFTA and IRP computations with out additional knowledge entry.
Belief QuickBooks for Your Private Revenue Taxes and Enterprise Taxes? Sure. Belief IFTA with QuickBooks? No.
Don’t attempt to do IFTA with QuickBooks. It’s the mistaken software. That doesn’t make a nasty software. It’s an incredible software for your small business taxes and earnings taxes. However truck owner-operators know that TruckingOffice PRO is the appropriate software for trucking taxes like IFTA and IRP.
We’ll even provide you with a free trial to find for your self the ability of the appropriate software. And in case your accountant wants it, it’s potential to switch knowledge from TruckingOffice PRO to QuickBooks.