The North American Council for Freight Effectivity is planning a three-week Run on Much less demonstration program to showcase electrical vans delivering actual freight on actual routes — and the charging programs they use.
Throughout 2021’s Run on Much less-Electrical, one of many key learnings was that the transition to electrical automobiles is about far more than simply the vans themselves. It’s about charging, infrastructure, grid capability, and many others. From this realization got here the concept of Run on Much less – Electrical Depot (RoL-E Depot) to study and share finest practices for scaling electrical vans at depots.
“With a view to make sure the long-term success of electrical vans, we have to begin studying from fleets who’re starting to scale their use of electrical automobiles,” stated Mike Roeth, NACFE govt director, in an e-mail announcement. “We wish this one to give attention to seemingly the most important problem to scaling the deployment of electrical vans. Numerous fleets have deployed one or two electrical vans, however few have made the transfer to having 15 or extra vans.”
The 2023 Run on Much less-Electrical Depot will:
- Contain round eight fleet depots with 15-20 or extra Class 3 to eight battery-electric automobiles working in the USA, Canada and Mexico.
- Clarify fleet scaling concerns reminiscent of charging infrastructure, engagement with utilities, complete price of possession administration, driver and technician coaching, and many others.
- Take deep-dive appears into utilities, charging gear, building, and many others.
- Spotlight efficient partnerships between fleets, OEMs, and utilities.
- Facilitate trade conversations across the crucial supporting actions.
- Conclude with a finale and schooling sequence at main truck conferences.
Detailed outcomes and findings might be printed in a targeted report in mid-2024. NACFE is searching for individuals and sponsors for the occasion.